- Support for, or arguing in favour of, a cause, idea, or policy. Advocacy groups seek to increase public awareness of a particular issue or set of issues, and try to influence change at policy level.
- The way in which the organisations of aid are structured, function and relate to each other. How the aid industry works, from the policies, procedures, flows of resources, nature of the different organisations involved in international assistance.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.
Arts and Humanities Research Council
- The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) funds world-class, independent researchers in a wide range of subjects: ancient history, modern dance, archaeology, digital content, philosophy, English literature, design, the creative and performing arts, and much more. This financial year the AHRC will spend approximately £98m to fund research and postgraduate training in collaboration with a number of partners. The quality and range of research supported by this investment of public funds not only provides social and cultural benefits but also contributes to the economic success of the UK.
- Anti-retroviral (drugs) are medications for the treatment of infection by retroviruses, primarily HIV. ARVs are recommended for retroviral treatment for people with AIDS.